The core technical team is available to support users from The University of Manchester and the wider academic community.
Part of our mission is to explore the behaviour of materials under extreme conditions including high pressure, high and low temperature and high magnetic and electric fields.
We offer the following support for beamtime applications and during neutron and X-ray experiments:
- developing an experimental plan in consultation with research staff
- assisting in development and modification of sample environments
- testing and certifying (where necessary) experimental apparatus
- producing risk assessment and method statements (RAMS) in consultation with principle investigator / researchers
- organising equipment for transport and installation on beamlines